WHITE SHARK DIVING IN GUADALUPE
Guadalupe Island has become one of the favorite dive spots in the world for great white shark diving. Located 165 miles west of Ensenada Mexico, Guadalupe is the best place for white shark encounters, this dive site is preferred by wildlife photographers and videographers from all around the world.
Visibility is often above 100’ and the water temperature averages between 65F-70F.
Cage diving in Guadalupe with great white sharks is an exciting adventure for everyone, since we won’t use scuba tank, no diving certification is required.
Your trip to Guadalupe on board of the Socorro Vortex is the perfect adventure for a 5 day getaway, book your adventure in Guadalupe and discover why is one the best dive sites in the world for shark diving.
GUADALUPE DIVING TRIP DETAILS
The best season for Guadalupe shark diving is from August through October.
All of our Guadalupe diving trips are 4 nights/5 days with 3 full days of white shark cage diving.
Our clients are picked up on day one at 10 a.m. at our host hotel in San Diego close to the airport and escorted safely down in an air-conditioned luxury coach to Ensenada, Mexico. It’s actually a beautiful, scenic drive down the coast once you get past all the Tijuana border traffic. This is about a 1 1/2-hour drive, departing Cruise port Marina at approximately 12 noon.
It’s an eighteen-hour crossing putting us at the island early morning of day 2.
We start shark diving operations immediately, day 2, 3 and 4 are spent cage diving with great whites.
At the end of day 4 we wrap up and start our trip back to port arriving by noon on day 5.
The luxury coach is waiting to drive our clients back to San Diego that afternoon. However, because the border crossing at Tijuana can take time, we advise our clients not to book any return flights until late that evening or the next day.
Self Propelled Ocean Cage (SPOC)
About the SPOC
- Designed by Lawrence Groth for Solmar V, is a self propelled cage that can fit a pilot in the back, and a diver/camera man in the front, and has a cruising speed of 5 knots.
- It has been used in several TV productions for research purposes, and helping local scientists. Last year we were able to move the SPOC from a research only permit, into a commercial permit that will allow us to take our guests in a completely different great white experience.
- Its speed of 5 knots allows you to keep up with the pace of a great white, which would be impossible when swimming or diving.
- Ideal for filming smooth shots from every single angle of the shark.
- Both the pilot and the diver wear full face masks keeping communication between themselves and also, with the boat.
- The SPOC’s buoyancy is slightly positive, so in case of propulsion malfunction the cage remains on the surface waiting for pickup.
- We will have both the SPOC and its pilot on every single Guadalupe trip, sometimes on Vortex, sometimes on Solmar V.
- The SPOC can be chartered privately for a full trip, or hourly without previous reservation. However, Prepaid Reservations will guarantee guests this experience of a lifetime!
- Limited to 3x 45min immersions per day
- If the Vortex is hosting the SPOC on a trip and someone from Solmar V wants to charter it, we will move the guest to the other boat for the experience, and vice versa